Thinking of guest posting but not sure if it is right for you? Let DenSchool help you make the right decision. All posts that appear on DenSchool during the month of June will be entered into our Flood the Page $100 drawing!
One of the first tricks of the trade that I learned about in blogging is guest posting. While I was hopping around in blogger land, I noticed DenSchool’s founder had posts all over the place! Confused, I asked her how many blogs she worked for. She then told me that she frequently guest posts on other blogs because it helps her to network DenSchool. I still didn’t quite “get it” but after a few short months, I started to understand.
In layman’s terms, guest blogging is networking on steroids! Not only are you developing a relationship with other bloggers, but you are also developing a relationship with their followers at the same time. Once you have established that relationship, they will learn to love you and want to know more of what you offer… hence, they will come and find you at your blog!
You Can’t Just Toss Yourself Out Anywhere
Putting your content out on an unrelated blog is like trying to sell hair products in the middle of a Toys-R-Us. Although you may get one or two referrals, it would be a waste of your time. Targeting your audience will maximize your benefits so you know the time spent will not be wasted. (Example: Someone who wishes to guest post on DenSchool, would see the best benefits if their target audience are people who are interested in parenting, running a household, crafting, education, or homeschooling.)
Ann Smarty has a few informative articles on Guest posting: Busting the Top 3 Guest Blogging Myths and 8 Brands that Benefit from Guest Blogging. It makes sense that she is the founder of My Blog Guest don’t you think? I found this fantastic poster while I was there:
(in case you don’t notice, many of these articles share the same author but appear on different blogs….. hummm, I think they like to guest post!)
- Three Keys to Spectacular Guest Posting Success
- Guest Blogging: 10 Benefits of Accepting Guest Posts on Your Blog
- How Guest Posting Can Help Grow Your Blog
- The 10 Benefits of Guest Blogging
- List of Guest Blogging Benefits You Should Be Aware Of
- Guest Posting: Blog Promotion & Backlinks in One Nice Little Package
Flood The Page – Guest Posting Event!
Are you ready to give guest posting a try? As a little bonus to the benefits, DenSchool is having a $100 Paypal Cash or Amazon Gift Card drawing on July 2nd via Random.org. All articles posted on DenSchool during the month of June will automatically be entered in this drawing!
Entry Rules & Requirements:
- Subject content must be on a topic of interest to homeschooling parents.
- IMPORTANT: Unique content only.
- 300 words minimum.
- Last submission for approval must be received before 9:00 p.m. (EST) on June 28th.
- DenSchool reserves the right to refuse submission of unrelated articles. Only approved articles will be posted and entered. Please submit your article to victoria@DenSchool.com for approval.
- Once your article has been approved you will be provided with a contributor login for final submission. It is your responsibility to post your article utilizing the login provided before midnight on June 30th.
- Winner will be selected by Random.org on July 2, 2012.
- Winner will be notified within 48 hours after drawing.
- Winner has 48 hours to claim/confirm win or another winner will be chosen.
- Author must be 18 years +